The American Writers Museum is currently closed to the public as we as a nation act responsibly to curb the coronavirus pandemic. We will reopen once it is safe to do so according to science and government officials. These are the precautions we will take upon reopening, and what we expect from visitors as well.
Plans for Reopening
- If you are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, please stay home and visit another time.
- Buy tickets online to minimize contact with front desk staff.
- Masks that cover your mouth and nose are required to enter the building and the museum and must be kept on at all times.
- Maintain a safe physical distancing of six feet between you and other museum visitors at all times.
- Group tours are temporarily not available to promote social distancing. Virtual tours can be arranged.
AWM Safety Measures
- Gloves and styluses are available to promote safe interaction with museum exhibits.
- Hand sanitizing stations are located throughout the museum.
- Regular cleaning of contact surfaces per CDC recommendations.
- Employee health screenings.
- Monitoring compliance with guidelines.
Current Online Offerings
While we begin to reopen, we will continue to add to and enhance our robust selection of ways to engage with us online. From virtual author talks to online exhibits and more, we will remain steadfast in our commitment to bring the American Writers Museum to you in the safety of your home. Click here to see our full list of online offerings.