Chicago Museum Hours & Tickets
Welcome to the American Writers Museum, one of the best museums in Chicago and your ticket into the interactive, inspirational, and surprising world of American writing of all genres. Learn about the history of writing in the United States and how it has shaped our lives through exhibits that stretch your imaginations and appeal to all 5 senses. Then, explore the intricacies of language through games and try writing something for yourself on a vintage typewriter!
Our museum hours and admission and accessibility information follows. We can’t wait to welcome you!Buy Tickets Now
Hours of Operation
Monday: 10am – 5pm
Thursday: 10am – 5 pm
Friday: 10am – 5 pm
Saturday: 10am – 5 pm
Sunday: 10am – 5 pm
|Seniors (ages 65+)||$9|
|Students & Teachers (w/ valid ID)||$9|
|Children (ages 12 & younger)||Free|
Prices subject to changeBuy Tickets Now
- Masks that cover your mouth and nose are recommended for all visitors.
- If you are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, please stay home and visit another time.
AWM Safety Measures
- Gloves and styluses are available to promote safe interaction with museum exhibits.
- Hand sanitizing stations are located throughout the museum.
- Compliance with all CDC and City of Chicago guidelines.
The AWM will be closed the following days: Thanksgiving Day, December 24, December 25 & January 1
Administrative Office Hours
We’re in the office Monday-Friday, 9 am – 5 pm; we’re available by phone at (312) 374-8790.