Tickets & Hours
Chicago Museum Hours & Tickets
Welcome to the American Writers Museum in Chicago, our museum hours and admission and accessibility information follows.
The American Writers Museum is temporarily closed. Until we reopen, have fun exploring our online offerings at the AWM Virtual Hub.
Upon reopening, this is what you can expect from us and what we expect from you:
- If you are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, please stay home and visit another time.
- Buy tickets online below to minimize contact with front desk staff.
- Masks that cover your mouth and nose are required to enter the building and the museum and must be kept on at all times.
- Maintain a safe physical distancing of six feet between you and other museum visitors at all times.
AWM Safety Measures
- Gloves and styluses are available to promote safe interaction with museum exhibits.
- Hand sanitizing stations are located throughout the museum.
- For a complete list, visit this page.
|Seniors (ages 65+)||$9|
|Students & Teachers (w/ valid ID)||$9|
|Children (ages 12 & younger)||Free|
Prices subject to changeBuy Tickets Now Buy Gift Tickets
Hours of Operation
Closed until it is safe and responsible to reopen.
The AWM will be closed the following days: Thanksgiving Day, December 25 & January 1
Administrative Office Hours
Monday-Friday: 9 am – 5 pm
The Museum welcomes all visitors and we hope to make our exhibits and programming accessible to all. To that end, the following services are offered:
- Button activated doors at the building entrance
- Elevator access to the 2nd floor
- A large, gender-neutral, family restroom
- Wide restroom stalls with grab bars
- A variety of self-regulation fidgets to help maintain focus or calm down – request at the front desk
Please let us know what we can do to make your visit more enjoyable by contacting us via email or by voice telephone at (312) 374-8790.