Tickets & Hours
Chicago Museum Hours & Tickets
Welcome to the American Writers Museum in Chicago, your ticket into the interactive, inspirational, and surprising world of American writing of all genres. Learn about the history of writing in the United States and how it has shaped our lives through exhibits that stretch your imaginations and appeal to all 5 senses.. Then, explore the intricacies of language through games and try writing something for yourself on a vintage typewriter!
Our museum hours and admission and accessibility information follows. We can’t wait to welcome you!Buy Tickets Now Buy Gift Tickets
Hours of Operation
Thursday – Monday, 10am – 5pm
|Seniors (ages 65+)||$9|
|Students & Teachers (w/ valid ID)||$9|
|Children (ages 12 & younger)||Free|
|Big Bus combo pass|
Prices subject to changeBuy Tickets Now Buy Gift Tickets
- Masks that cover your mouth and nose are required for all unvaccinated visitors.
- If you are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, please stay home and visit another time.
AWM Safety Measures
- Gloves and styluses are available to promote safe interaction with museum exhibits.
- Hand sanitizing stations are located throughout the museum.
- Compliance with all CDC and City of Chicago guidelines.
The AWM will be closed the following days: Thanksgiving Day, December 25 & January 1
Administrative Office Hours
Monday-Friday: 9 am – 5 pm
The Museum welcomes all visitors and we hope to make our exhibits and programming accessible to all. To that end, the following services are offered:
- Button activated doors at the building entrance
- Elevator access to the 2nd floor
- A large, gender-neutral, family restroom
- Wide restroom stalls with grab bars
- A variety of self-regulation fidgets to help maintain focus or calm down – request at the front desk
Please let us know what we can do to make your visit more enjoyable by contacting us via email or by voice telephone at (312) 374-8790.