Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the American Writers Museum will be closed until it is safe to reopen.
In light of the COVID-19 situation we will be closed until the appropriate health agencies deem it safe for us to gather together again. All programs and events scheduled during this time will also be cancelled and all program tickets will be refunded.
Don’t worry though! Here’s what you can do in the meantime:
- Subscribe to AWM YouTube Channel
- Take A Virtual Tour: Since you can’t visit us in person, we’re bringing the American Writers Museum to you! Join AWM President Carey Cranston on a virtual tour of our exhibits . Explore our space and dive deep into our content like never before with Carey’s expertise and insider knowledge.
- Visit Virtual Exhibit: We built a new website for My America: Immigrant and Refugee Writers Today that includes videos of featured writers who are immigrants, refugees, and second-generation U.S. citizens, clips of related programs and information on upcoming virtual author events, as well as student activities and resources for teachers and parents.
- Visit Virtual Exhibit: Learn more about the amazing writer and orator, Frederick Douglass in a new virtual exhibit at FD-Agitator.org. Teachers and parents can find educational resources for students in grades 1-12.
- Virtual AWM Author Talks: We are working to reschedule many of our in-person author programs as live webinars, as well as setting up brand new virtual programs. These webinars are FREE and open to the public. Visit our calendar of upcoming events to learn more.
- Little Squirrels Storytime: Keep your Little Squirrels occupied with our virtual storytimes for kids, featuring special guest readers of all varieties. Every Saturday at 10:30 a.m. CDT we will premiere three stories live on the AWM Facebook page. If you can’t tune in at that time, we will make each individual story video available on YouTube and IGTV.
- Reading Recommendations: Check out our many lists of books and authors to bolster your to-read list. We like to feature many different kinds of writers and books so there are plenty of different options to choose from.
- Write! What better time than now to put a dent in that novel you’ve been working on that’s just begging to be finished. Here’s some writing motivation and inspiration for you.
- Follow us on social media because we will continue to post new blogs, videos and other content from our exhibits and programs. We’ll bring the American Writers Museum to you!
SUPPORT THE AWM
As a young and growing institution, we rely on your support and involvement. If you have considered making a special gift to the AWM, it would make a huge difference during this unprecedented time. Make a contribution today.
Learn more about Covid-19
We hope you take the time to educate yourself about COVID-19 and follow all hygienic practices and recommendations from these organizations.