OnWord Writing Competition
2nd Annual Student Writing Competition
Please wait while flipbook is loading. For more related info, FAQs and issues please refer to DearFlip WordPress Flipbook Plugin Help documentation.
Fill out the form below to enter the competition and receive instructions & a judging rubric.
- The 2 winners of the Elementary Grade category will receive $500
- The 2 winners of the Middle School category will receive $1,000
- The 2 winners of the High School category will receive $2,000
June 15, 2021Competition Specifications
- Elementary Grade Level (Grades 3-5)
- Middle School Grade Level (Grades 6-8)
- High School Grade Level (Grades 9-12)
Between 200 and 1000 words
How to Enter
To indicate intention to enter and access the teacher instructions and judging rubric for the OnWord Writing Competition, fill out the form on this page.
- Only 3 entries per category from one school.
- Teachers will be allowed to submit entries for multiple categories.
- A school with K-8 students can submit 6 entries (3 for Elementary and 3 for Middle School).
- A school that is a stand alone middle school, or a high school can submit only 3.
- If multiple teachers in a school have their students compete, the school needs to pick the top 3 for the school.
- Winners agree to be filmed reading their work and to be featured in a press release and on the American Writers Museum website.