Writers discuss themes of home, duality, language, and more.
- Poet José Olivarez shares how he writes to feel power, to tell his own story.
- Novelist Reyna Grande talks about writing in English even though it’s her second language.
- Memoirist Julissa Arce reminds us that her ancestors were on this land long before the United States of America existed.
poet José Olivarez
Resources for educators including field trips, online materials, and more.
Enhance your classroom with these AWM experiences.
- Bring your students on an in-person field trip and explore our exhibits.
- Visit virtually and enjoy engaging and informative online lessons.
- Download materials specific to My America and immigrant writing.