Get Lit: Grown-Up Book Fair
Leave the kids at home and embrace the spirit of the back-to-school season as you explore the American Writers Museum at this adult only after hours event!
GET TICKETS HERE.
- Challenge your friends to a game of ring toss, test your aim at cornhole, or try your hand at other fun carnival games
- Relive the best time of the year at our grownup book fair with our friends at Da Book Joint
- Win prizes for your team at the Adult Spelling Bee
- Dine on delicious carnival treats, including popcorn and cotton candy
- Make your own bookmark at our craft table
- Enjoy beer, wine, and the night’s specialty cocktail The Bookworm’s Bellini, a new twist on a classic cocktail (non-alcoholic version also available)
- Chat with our friends from StoryStudio Chicago
A limited number of discounted tickets have been made available for teachers and school librarians. To claim your discount, use the code provided in the AWM education newsletter. You can sign up for the monthly education newsletter here for regular updates. If you are an educator and have any questions, please email our Education Team at email@example.com.
Get Lit is your way to enjoy evenings in the Loop. Meet friends and fellow book nerds for an early-evening treat. On the second Tuesday of every month, from 5:30 pm – 7:30 pm, the AWM serves up drinks, music, special experiences, and fun activities to get you lit!
Buy your tickets today! A limited number of tickets are available at the door. AWM members, use the access code that has been emailed to you to reveal the member ticket price. Tickets include admission to the museum and drink tickets for two complimentary beverages. Additional drink tickets are available for purchase. Guests must be 21+ to attend Get Lit and show a valid ID at the door.
Funds raised at this event will go towards the AWM’s Write In Youth Education Program, which serves middle and high school students from under-resourced schools.